This site is owned and operated by QSC Audio Products, LLC Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At QSC, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
QSC Audio Products, LLC gathers and stores personal information in the following ways:
1. Email newsletter subscriptions
QSC gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every email that points users to the subscription management page. QSC will periodically send advertising and promotional message to these subscribers.
2. Message boards/forums
Users of the site's Forums must register separately for these services (free of charge) in order to post messages, although they needn't register to visit the site and read posts. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address. Through the "View/Update Profile" link, you can decide to have your email address displayed in the forum or hidden. Additionally, you have the option to allow notification upon receiving a Private Message. Information used to register for the forums is not used for advertising or shared with third parties.
QSC may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
4. Online Store
Information gathered for the purposes of fulfilling an online order are never disclosed to thrid parties and are only used as necessary to fulfill the order.
5. Aggregated website tracking
Data gathered with regards to website usage is only used as aggregate data and is not used to identify or track individual users. We sometimes share this data with our partners but not information about specific individuals.
6. Warranty and Product Registration
We collect name, address, model & serial number, where the product was purchased and optionally, phone number and email address as a requirement for product registration. To qualify for our 6 year extended warranty promotion, we also ask some questions about your intended usage and optionally some demographic questions. This information is used in aggregate for marketing purposes. QSC may contact you for satisfaction surveys, product recalls or to notify you of rebates and special offers. This information is not shared with third parties.
7. Registration for web training
QSC gathers email addresses and personal information as a condition to access some training materials. This information is used to help improve our training efforts and is not used for advertising or shared with third parties.
8. Voluntary Contact Requests
QSC gathers names and email addresses when supplied voluntarily via our contact request form. This information is shared with third party sales representative firms that are employed by QSC. The information is stored by QSC and the rep firm and is used to provide improved customer satisfaction. QSC does not use this information for advertising.
To fulfill rebates, name, address, email and product UPC codes are collected by a third-party fulfillment company. QSC receives a report with this information. QSC does not use information collected in rebate programs for advertising and end-users are not contacted except to facilitate the rebate request.
10. Internet Protocol (IP) address geolocation data
Any device requesting data from our webservers transmits the IP address assigned to it. QSC uses a database to match IP addresses with the country and/or the city where it is registered. This is usually the location of the Internet Service Provider (ISP) but in some cases can be the actual location of the device. We use this data to enhance your use of the site by enabling dynamic content that is appropriate to your region. We do not attempt to link location data with other personally identifiable information. We sometimes share this data in aggregate with our partners but not information about specific individuals.
WEBSITE TRAFFIC TRACKING
QSC tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. QSC does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
QSC sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Your privacy is important, so we'd like to explain what information we collect when you visit the QSC Audio Products, Inc web site (http://www.qscaudio.com), why we collect it and how it is used. We'd also like to explain your options to access and control your information, our data security practices and other matters.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
This site is not intended for children, especially kids under 13. Children may use this site only with the direct supervision of their parent.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU? WHY?
We generally do not collect personal information from you at our site. If you send us a message containing your name, email address or any other personal information, please do so on a non-confidential basis. We may or may not respond to it, depending on the nature of the communication and our available staff.
We store incoming and outgoing email messages at firstname.lastname@example.org for training, service quality monitoring, and for future problem resolution. Technical support forum registrants may be asked for contact information in order to be of assistance for product or system troubleshooting, or dispute resolution. The aggregate of this information is not disclosed. However, where third party technical assistance may be needed, individual contact information and product / audio system data may be revealed to others.
We may disclose your information if necessary to protect our legal rights or if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct. Disclosure may be required by law or if we receive legal process.
HOW DO WE PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We follow technical and management practices we believe are reasonable under the circumstances to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of information stored on our system, but we do not operate a completely secure site. For example, we generally do not use secure pages to collect information and we generally do not store data in encrypted form.
For sections of the web site pertaining to transactions and online order handling, we rely on secure pages as identified in the browser address bar as https://. Address protocol identifiers as http:// or ftp:// represent unsecured pages. Some of these locations are hosted by our web site, but the data may be available to third-party servers.
Customer information is collected for warranty registrations and mailers. Technical support forums are visible on our web site where customers view other customer's questions, contact information, and audio system descriptions. Through our technical support section of the web site we collect customer and audio system data for follow up support requests, tracking, and history.
Special note about passwords: For some of our web-based applications, we ask users to create a username and password to login with. For your own protection, we require that you do not use passwords on qscaudio.com that you also use elsewhere, especially passwords used for sensitive applications such as email or online banking logins.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP USER INFORMATION?
We generally keep user data on our server or in our archives for as long as we reasonably need it. We may alter this practice according to changing requirements. For example, we may delete some data if needed to free up storage space. We may keep other data for longer periods if the law requires it. As a QSC web site user you should not rely on us for collected or stored data for restorative or commercial purposes. QSC does not maintain a process for you to review or revise the information you have provided us.
MANAGEMENT OF USER INFORMATION
As described above, other than for order transaction purposes, technical support or warranty registration, we generally do not collect personal information from visitors.
1) JURISDICTION. QSC AUDIO PRODUCTS LLC is a Limited Liability Company located in the State of California. This site is for your convenience and information only and is not a solicitation of your business. By your access to or any use of this site you agree that QSC AUDIO PRODUCTS LLC does not submit to the jurisdiction of any other state, country, or governmental entity, and you further agree that for any claim, demand, civil action, or grievance in any manner related to or arising from this web site or your use of the internet to access this site that exclusive jurisdiction is in the State of California and that California law shall govern.
2) DISCLAIMER LIABILITY. We have taken reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained in this web site is accurate. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY USE OR PERFORMANCE OF OR CONTENT ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION, EVEN IF NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE OF THE POTENTIAL FOR SUCH DAMAGES.
3) COPYRIGHT NOTICE. We claim a copyright for all content of this web site. As such, notice of our claim is hereby given by us and all rights are reserved. Any reproduction of this web site for commercial purposes or for distribution to other persons is a violation of United States Copyright law and may subject you to civil and criminal penalties. You may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, create derivative works or in any other way exploit any of our copyrighted works on this web site without first obtaining our written consent. You may not view, reproduce, print or otherwise use any of the content of this web site for anything other than your personal, informational and noncommercial use and any reproduction must include the copyright notice set forth above.
4) TRADEMARK NOTICE. All product names, trademarks, service marks or other images in this web site are either our property or is used with the consent and permission of the owner. Any other use or suggestion is accidental and not intentional and will be corrected immediately on proper notice. You may not assume that your use of any proprietary right is implied or expressly allowed because of its appearance in our web site and any appropriation or use without the express written consent of the owner(s) is strictly prohibited.
If our web site contains links to third party web sites, we do not control the content of those web sites. Unless specifically stated on this web site to the contrary, we are not affiliated with these third parties and we do not endorse or sponsor their web sites, products or services but provide them to you only as informational assistance. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
YOUR CONSENT TO THIS POLICY
IF YOU HAVE A PRIVACY QUESTION
If you have a privacy question about our site, please email: email@example.com or write: QSC Audio Products, LLC, 1675 MacArthur Blvd., Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA